0 of 10 questions completed
BLS practice exam for Study guide
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Congratulations! You answered 0 of 10 questions correctly. Your score of 0 successfully meets our passing requirements of 80%. You can take your final exam.
You answered 0 of 10 questions correctly. Your score of 0 did not meet the passing requirements of 80%. Please review and attempt again.
1. The general public should never attempt to do rescue breathing.Correct
2. The best place to try to find a pulse in an adult is:Correct
The carotid artery on the side of the neckIncorrect
The carotid artery on the side of the neck
3. If you have 2 rescuers for an adult victim and one or both are comfortable giving rescue breaths, the correct ratio of compressions to breaths is:Correct
30 compressions: 2 breathIncorrect
30 compressions: 2 breath
4. For a child needing CPR who has been down an unknown amount of time, the first thing you should do is:Correct
Do CPR for 2 minutes before you call for helpIncorrect
Do CPR for 2 minutes before you call for help
5. During CPR, if the victim’s chest does not rise after two attempts to give breaths, you should:Correct
Start chest compressions againIncorrect
Start chest compressions again
6. When doing mouth-to-mouth breathing for a small child or infant, it is acceptable to cover the victim’s mouth and nose with your mouth to form an airtight seal.Correct
7. You and a friend are walking when you see an elderly man collapse in front of you. There are no hazards around. You assess the man and determine that he is unconscious and is not breathing. You should direct your friend to:Correct
Activate the emergency response systemIncorrect
Activate the emergency response system
8. If you are performing rescue breathing for an adult victim with a pulse, you should do all of the following EXCEPT:Correct
With your index finger, sweep the victim’s mouth to ensure there are no foreign bodiesIncorrect
With your index finger, sweep the victim’s mouth to ensure there are no foreign bodies
9. The recommended compression depth for an adult is:Correct
At least 2 inchesIncorrect
At least 2 inches
10. The correct sequence in the AHA Adult Chain of Survival is:Correct
Activate the emergency response system; CPR; Defibrillation; Advanced Life Support; Post-Cardiac arrest careIncorrect
Activate the emergency response system; CPR; Defibrillation; Advanced Life Support; Post-Cardiac arrest care